Create a wabi-sabi inspired art piece using simple materials.
You will need:
A large piece of polystyrene
Sticky back plastic
Paint - white and beige for a faux limewash effect
- Select your chosen polystyrene piece. (I got mine from a delivery package. Most DIY stores will sell pieces too!)
- Attach a layer of sticky back plastic to the polystyrene (any basic sticky-back plastic will do). This allow for a better effect when the tissue paper is applied.
- Smooth on PV glue and build layers of tissue paper to your desired texture.
- Allow to dry.
- Create a faux limewash effect by bending your chosen colour paints.
- When dry, attach hooks to the back and style on your wall.
Be careful not tear the tissue paper when applying the paint.
Allow plenty of drying time.
Follow @cosfordedit on Instagram for more interior inspiration.
Images copyright ©