A Simple and Fun DIY Project for Your Walls
Are you tired of staring at plain white walls? Want to add a touch of nature to your home without going overboard with bright colors or busy wallpapers? Look no further than DIY limewash! This trend is taking the interior design world by storm and for good reason. It gives your walls a beautiful, textured look that feels like it belongs in a Tuscan villa.
Ready to try it out for yourself? I got you covered! I'm going to take you through the simple steps to creating your own DIY limewash effect. Here's what you'll need.
- 3-inch wide paintbrush (synthetic or natural fiber)
- Matt emulsion paint in two shades (e.g. Dulux Egyptian Cotton and Homebase Matt White)
- Choose your color blend. To achieve a natural, cave-like feel, stick to soft neutral tones like beige and white. However, you can also experiment with darker shades for a moody effect or add glitter for a shimmering finish. Using three colors or shades can also create a more textured look.
- Dip your paintbrush into both paints and apply directly to the wall. Don't worry about being precise - this technique doesn't require perfection.
- Apply the paint in a cross-cross technique to create a brushed effect on the wall, similar to real limewash.
- Cut the corners as you normally would, then blend the brush outwards to join the other brushstrokes. The more random the direction, the better!
- Once dry, reapply the paint to any areas that need a little extra blending.
With these simple steps, you can transform any wall in your home into a work of art. Plus, the best part is that you can't really mess it up! So why not give it a try and see how you can bring a touch of nature into your home with DIY limewash?
- Be generous with your paint application.
- Apply the paint in a cloud-like pattern to enhance the effect.
- Use a little more white for a lighter, softer effect.