Are you ready for a unique coffee table that will make your living space pop? Look no further than this Ikea hack, using the Lack coffee table as a base and some added materials to create a stunning piece of furniture.
Here's how to do it:
- Assemble the Ikea Lack coffee table, leaving the bottom shelf off.
2. Attach the cut-to-size Kaback plates to each side of the table using mounting adhesive and a staple gun. Make sure all four sides are closed and the edges are flush.
3. Use mounting adhesive and a staple gun to attach the strips of wood to the bottom of the Kaback plates, between the table legs. This will add extra stability to the table.
4. Cover the edges and staple holes with mesh tape, and use spackle to smooth over the surface. Apply the spackle thinly and repeat until you have a smooth surface.
5. Once the spackle has dried, use sandpaper to smooth over any rough edges. Leave some slight imperfections for a stone-like effect.
6. Paint the entire coffee table in the color of your choice. You can even get creative and add designs or patterns to make it truly unique.
Now that you have a one-of-a-kind coffee table, it's time to show it off! Decorate with your favorite items and sit back and enjoy your new piece of furniture.
- Ikea "Lack" coffee table
- 4 Kaback plates (cut to fit the sides of the table)
- 4 strips of wood (cut to fit the distance between the table legs)
- Staple gun and staples
- Mounting adhesive
- Mesh tape
- Paint of your choice
- Paint roller